Due to the Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1998, it is the law that all landlords are required to have their gas appliances serviced regularly to ensure that they are efficient.
Landlord certificates are also known as CP12 provides evidence for the tenants that the appliances, fittings, and flues have been checked by a Gas Safe engineer in the last 12 months and that they are safe to use.
As your Gas Safe engineers, F and P Plumbing we will carry out the following inspections, before we can issue you your Landlords Gas Safety Certificate for the years.
These checks include:
• Check your appliances for gas tightness.
• If test points are available we will check the standing and working gas pressure .
• Test the burner/gas pressure against the manufacturers data plate.
• Check for the misuse of any gas items or devices.
• Check that any safety devices are working properly.
• Test the flue flow to ensure the removal of products of combustion.
• Check for the satisfactory provision of all necessary ventilation.
It is really important to make sure you keep hold of old certificates as CP12s need to be kept for a minimum of two years. Also, ensure that your check is carried out by a Gas Safe registered engineer as otherwise, you will not receive the actual legal certificate required.
If you are a landlord and need a gas safety certificate, contact us F and P Plumbing. We can provide these to our customers in the plumbing services cost Birmingham and West Midlands areas.
We cover the entire West Midlands including:-
Please complete the form & we will be in touch